Legacy Education Alliance - Be Smart and Run Away
I am taking my time and effort to write this review hoping that one less person could be saved from a unnecessary financial disaster.
There is no free lunch. The FREE workshop at the beginning was not free after all.
$530 for 2 people for the three-day workshop that promised to teach you about short sales, contracts, banking relationships, wholesale, assignments, portfolio strategy and asset protection was overpriced. The instructor, Lauri Waddell, taught you less than what you can Google online.
My friend wanted to learn about Asset Protection. She was told on Day 3 of the seminar that you should just get an attorney and a CPA.
To save you $530 and 3 days of your life, here is what they share with you at the workshop:
0. "This company" is a publicly traded company. (I could not validate this claim online.) And that everything they do is regulated by the SEC.
1. Mobile home park is a sure way to invest and build up monthly passive income.
2. Lauri Waddell's life story (40% of the time). I looked her up, all of her online presence seems to be self-created. There was no other recognition from any organization other than Elite Legacy Education. There is an online reference to her husband's Iowa engineering firm though.
3. The Mentorship program (50% of the time) that will cost you $52,500 for 2 people. Mind that the contract and printed material state that the mentoring only lasts 30 days.
4. Some unrealistic illustrative examples on wholesales and short sales.
5. Charge this ridiculously expensive "education" of $52,500 onto your "Investor Card", aka. Credit Card....and get yourself into consumer debt.
Fun fact: on Saturday, 7/23/2016, at the IAH Marriott Hotel, within 3 hours, the word mentor was used by Lauri Waddell for 82 times, according to a fellow attendee.
Read this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/3mluj0/rich_dad_legacy_education_is_having_a_seminar_at/
Important: Many of us went back to the workshop on the second day, because we already paid for it. But, I did not go back for the third day. If you think about the value of your time, 12 hours (and, yes, you will spend over 12 hours a day at the 3-day workshop; 2-4 hours for commute, 1-2 hour to get ready in the morning and 10 hours just to listen to Lauri's maybe-not-true life story), then you would not do the 3-day workshop or that initial FREE workshop.
My advise: Run when you see "Rich Dad" or "Elite Legacy Education" and pass on the word so less people risk their live and livelihood on this scam.
A question to ponder: why hasn't the government punish this company already?
Review about: Legacy Education Alliance Elite Training Seminar.
Reason of review: Complete Fraud.
Monetary Loss: $3000.
Preferred solution: Full refund.
I didn't like: Waste of class time, Under delivering what was promised.